UPDATE FER REGULATIONS
Tuesday, July 16, 2019 7:42 AM
To our Valued Customers,
As you may know, the HVAC industry has new compliance regulations related to gas furnaces takingeffect July 3rd, 2019. New regulations are related to FER (Fan Energy Rating) as mandated by the DOEand NRCan. Changes regulate the electrical power consumption of the furnace blower motor based on astandard operating cycle.
To meet the FER regulations, Napoleon gas furnaces will:
- Includes a higher performance blower, adding approximately 1" in height to the cabinet for a total height of 34".
- Consume less electricity and have equal or increased airflow performance.
- Include a modular heat exchanger and blower that can easily be removed and cleaned.
- New FER compliant models will be built starting July 3rd, 2019.
- Once old models are depleted, customer orders will be transitioned over to new models.
- All old models built prior to July 3rd, 2019 are permitted to be sold and installed without restriction in Canada and the US.
- The NEV series will be discontinued. Other models are being submitted for consideration in the Energy star program.
- The NSX080T4B, NSX100T5B and NSX120T5B will be discontinued.
- The NPX080S4B and NPX120S5B will be discontinued.
- All new FER compliant models will be sold at the same price as previous obsolete models.
- New FER compliant models will launch with a new nomenclature to help with inventory control and easy identification of new models
nomenclature changes as follows:
The chart below provides an overview of upcoming changes. It will be updated and communicated to you ona regular basis to ensure you have the most current information regarding the model changes.
Should you have any questions about the model transition, please contact your Napoleon Account Executive