New FER Regulations
Thursday, June 20, 2019 10:34 AM
As you may know, the HVAC industry has new compliance regulations related to gas furnaces taking effect July 3rd, 2019. New regulations are related to FER (Fan Energy Rating) as mandated by the DOE and NRCan. Changes regulate the electrical power consumption of the furnace blower motor based on a standard operating cycle.
To meet the FER regulations, Napoleon gas furnaces will:
- Include a higher performance blower, adding approximately 1" in height to the cabinet for a total height of 34"
- Consume less electricity and have equal or increased airflow performance.
- Include a modular heat exchanger and blower that can easily be removed and cleaned.
- New FER compliant models will be built starting July 3rd, 2019
- Once old models are depleted, customer orders will be transitioned over to new models.
- All old models built prior to July 3rd, 2019 are permitted to be sold and installed without restriction in Canada and the US.
- The NEV series will be discontinued. Other models are being submitted for consideration in the Energy star program
- The NSX080T4B, NSX100T5B and NSX120T5B will be discontinued.
- The NPX080S4B and NPX120S5B will be discontinued.